This has been an important question lately that everyone is seeking to boost their immunity naturally.
Along with preventive measures such as physical or social distancing, and proper hygiene practices, physical activity, sanitary environment and healthy lifestyle; you can do all of this to boost your immunity naturally, and that will be our focus next period. So let’s enhance our immune system naturally to fight against infections.
Vitamin D is suggested to be essential for your immunity, you will need a daily dose of 25-50 micrograms (1000-4000 IU per day) to boost your immunity.
Where to get Vitamin-D?
- Exposure to sun, to help your skin activate Vitamin-D
- Fortified Food with Vitamin-D like: Some Dairy products, Cereals, Soy Milk, Half a cup (78 grams) of these foods can provide 54–136 IU
- Vitamin-D supplements: 10 or 25 micrograms pills.
- Fatty fish; like Tuna, Mackerel, and salmon , Wild salmon contains about 988 IU of vitamin D per serving, while farmed salmon contains 250 IU, on average. Canned light tuna packs up to 268 IU of vitamin D in a 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving.
- Herring contains 216 IU of vitamin D per 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving.
- Cod liver oil contains 448 IU of vitamin D per teaspoon (4.9 ml)
- Egg yolk contains only about 37 IU of vitamin D per yolk. However, eggs with vitamin-D-enriched feed contain much higher levels.
- Mushrooms can only synthesize vitamin D2 when exposed to UV light. Only wild mushrooms or mushrooms treated with UV light are good sources of vitamin D. These mushrooms provide 130–450 IU of vitamin D2 per 3.5 ounces (100 grams).
- One cup (237ml) of fortified Orange Juice with breakfast will give you 100 IU of vitamin-D
You are probably aware of vitamin C’s connection to the immune system and how it boosts your immunity. Why?
Vitamin-C supports epithelial barrier function against pathogens and promotes the oxidant scavenging activity of the skin, thereby potentially protecting against environmental oxidative stress. Vitamin C accumulates in phagocytic cells, enhancing chemo-taxis, phagocytosis, generation of reactive oxygen species, and ultimately microbial killing.
Where to get Vitamin-C?
- Most Vitamin C Supplements provide a daily dose of 250–1,000 mg. Be sure to read the packaging and take only the recommended dose to avoid complications, don’t exceed 2000 mg daily.
- Kakadu Plum is the richest source as it contains up to 5,300 mg of vitamin C per 100 grams.
- Acerola Cherries (Malpighia emarginata). Just ½ cup (49 grams) delivers 822 mg of vitamin C.
- Rose hips provide 426 mg of vitamin C per 100 grams.
- Green chili peppers contain 242 mg of vitamin C per 100 grams.
- Guava contains 228 mg of vitamin C per 100 grams.
- Sweet yellow pepper contains 183 mg per 100 grams.
- Thyme is a very healthy herb contains 160 mg per 100 grams.
- Two tablespoons (8 grams) of fresh Parsley contain 10 mg of vitamin C
- One cup of raw chopped Mustard Spinach equals 195 mg of vitamin C
- One medium Kiwi packs 71 mg of vitamin C
- ½ cup of cooked Broccoli equals 51 mg of vitamin C
- ½ cup of cooked Brussels equals 49 mg of vitamin C
- One whole raw Lemon, including its peel, provides 83 mg of vitamin C
- One medium-sized Orange provides 70 mg of vitamin C
These are the richest food sources of Vitamin-C which you need to utilize to boost your immunity against such an infection.
Foods that are high in colorful compounds called carotenoids — carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, cantaloupe and squash — are all great options. The body turns these carotenoids into vitamin A, and they have an antioxidant effect to help strengthen the immune system against infection.
Another powerful immunity booster is Vitamin-E! Why?
In the body, it acts as an antioxidant, Protecting the cells from the damage caused by oxidants or free radicals. It helps to widen blood vessels and keep blood from clotting within them. In addition, cells use vitamin E to interact with each other and to carry out many important functions. For adult we need 15 mg vitamin-D per day.
Where to get Vitamin-E?
- Vitamin-E supplements: If using once-daily multivitamin-mineral supplements: mostly they provide about 13.5 mg of vitamin E. Whereas vitamin E-only supplements commonly contain 67 mg or more. And as a food source, it’s widely present in Nuts, seeds, and Nut oils, so make sure to include those in your daily diet.
- Wheat germ oil 1 tablespoon: 20 mg So try to include those more while cooking food
- Sunflower seeds: 1 ounce ~ 10 mg
- Almonds: 1 ounce ~ 7.3 mg
- Hazelnut oil : 1 ounce ~ 10 mg
- Sunflower oil: 1 tablespoon ~ 5.6 mg
- Almond oil: 1 tablespoon ~ 5.3 mg
- Hazelnuts: 1 ounce ~ 4.3 mg
- Avocado: Half a fruit ~ 2.1 mg
- Rainbow Trout: 1 filet ~ 2.0 mg
- Red Sweet Pepper (raw): 1 medium pepper ~ 1.9 mg
- Mango: Half a fruit ~ 1.5 mg
And there’s a wide variety of other fruits that contain vitamin-E that would help boost your immunity.
To sum up, in order to boost your immunity naturally, you need to start with Meal Planning:
You have to plan your meal to include those highly nutritive foods that aids in boosting your immune system.
- Citrus fruits; Oranges, lemons, grapefruits, lemons
- Eat more vegetables and fruits
- Poultry soap
- Red bell pepper
- Chill peppers
- Yellow sweet peppers
- Nuts, Seeds and Nut oils
- Fortified food with Vitamin A,E,C and D
In order to know more about how to Boost You Immunity naturally, you can go through the book called ‘The Paleo Diet Navigating’ written by famous chef Marc St Omer.
Oxford Medical Book, 9th Edition
What’s Constipation? And how do you know that you have a constipation?
1st of all, you have to know that constipation is a symptom not a disease, so we have to know the cause behind it and treat it along with symptomatic treatment for constipation.
Many think they have a constipation, but how would you know if you do or not?
Simply, constipation means that you have decreased frequency of passing stool, or your stool consistency has changed into harder one.
So, you are your only judge, do not compare your defecation frequency, or stool consistency to someone else to know if you have a constipation or not.
In our article today we will talk exclusively about the symptomatic natural treatment of constipation, without using any drugs, only naturally, nutritionally and using herbs. This is the best and most safe way even if you have any medical condition.
How to treat constipation naturally?
- Drink more water.
- Eat more fibers; especially soluble fibers; oat bran, barley, nuts, seeds, beans, lentils, peas, fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise more and have more an active lifestyle.
- Take probiotic supplements, which are live benefical bacteria that naturally occur in the gut, like lactobacillus and bifidobacteria.
And we in Chef’s Marc team, are happy to provide you with a strong book to help treating constipation naturally, Called ‘The Paleo Diet Navigating’, to order press here.
- Laxative natural herbs.
Aloe Ferox herb: it’s a highly powerful herb that have magical healing power, it acts as anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic. This is how this herb magically work against constipation.
Studies have shown its laxative effect (research is published on www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov )
How Aloe forex work?
It significantly increases the water intake, and increases colonic motility on researches done.
So double hit! a natural laxative and motility inducer, what we need more.
And here’s today we announce we have provided this Natural Magical laxative mix containing Aloe Ferox, probiotics, edible clay as its main active components, for you as a natural treatment for constipation in our product FFLUSH, to order now press here.
Our FFLUSH natural laxative, does contain many natural strong elements guarantee to flush inside your colon and treat your constipation naturally and safely, no matter the cause of it!
To order online please press here.
Dr Nour Hassan – known as Dr Pinky Winky
General Practitioner and a clinical nutritionist.
And a Medical Codirector in Chef Marc St.Omer’s Team.